Saturday, November 10, 2007

First Post

So today I was at Walmart, shopping for some materials I need to help in my project (I'll explain more later) and as I was leaving I walked in between this older lady and her husband. She was short and stout... like a childhood song... and had some really wild hair (I was sporting bedhead myself). They were walking about five feet apart, he was in tow with the shopping cart right outside the entrance. Now compared to a 200+, 70 year old woman, I guess I walk pretty fast. Still, I didn't think anything of cutting in between them considering it was the entrance and there were about 10 people around and they were walking slow with plenty of distance between them. Anyways, as I was walking toward my car I hear a voice that yelled, "What the hell! This isn't China where you can walk however you want." Gotta say, that kind of confused me. I looked around quickly (not stopping at all) and realized I was the only Asian around. Then it occurred to me that the comment was directed at me. Hmm... I thought about mouthing off to her. Can't say a comment like that didn't piss me off, especially on veterans day weekend, but I did what every typical Asian would do...walked away. Guess in some ways I should thank her for being a racist, it gives me stuff to write about and a mission to stop the passing of this hate to the next generations.

So anyways, this blog is here for my friends and family to track what's going on with me and my project. This will be the first time I've blogged since .... well since the HS Xanga days. Hopefully, I'm diligent in this and actually update at a decent rate (I hate reading blogs that don't update).

On to the project. The project is to eventually get into the music industry full time. That's kind of vague but so is the 300m target. The immediate project is raising money for Toys for Tots using my music. Where I stand right now is:
1. I have my music done.
2. I have T-shirts made (1000 of them)
3. I have CD's coming in (hopefully next week, again 1000 of them)

Where I need to go:
1. Sell all this stuff.
2. Give all the proceeds to Toys for Tots

The tough part is #1.

No comments: