Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Album

So I figure I should talk about my album since it is the basis of my current project. The album is called "The ABC's" which references the acronym American Born Chinese. It also doubles for the beginnings, which goes along with the album artwork that looks like toddler stuff. The album includes songs I've written over the last year and a half. I tried to capture the feelings that everyone goes through only from a perspective of an Asian American.

I also have songs that talk about being a soldier, which are derived from my writings when I was in the Army. A lot of my views are colored by those experiences and shape my words and thoughts. For example, in my song called "Home" I have a line that says "Intercept this Dragon Skin Under a Political Scheme/What you do up there effects us all down stream/ so stop loving the money more then your own team." This reference is to the political scam of DoD not only refusing to move the military to Dragon Skin Body Armor but in fact forcing everyone to use the inferior Interceptor body armor. I won't go into everything that went down there but its a pretty disgusting story of political money grubbing at the expense of US lives. You can read a good unbiased version here.

Anyways, there was a lot of different emotions that went into writing this album that I pulled over many years. On Nov. 19 you can check it all out and support Toys for Tots at the same time.

No comments: